About The Eyes Of Horus
The Eyes of Horus is the trading name of Empowering Spirit Pty Ltd, which was incorporated as a Propriety Limited company in the state of Victoria on 1 July 2008. The company shareholder, founder and president is David Donahoo
David Donahoo, Owner, Empowering Spirit Pty Ltd
David had bad Claustrophobia in the 1980’s and 1990’s. If he went into a lift and others crowded around him, he had to quickly exit before the doors closed. David has had the experiences of panic attacks, anxiety, and many fears including of spiders, snakes, death, heights and more.
David has been interested in ancient Egypt since he visited an exhibition in Carlton on Tutankhamun when he was 12. In 1994 David visited the valley of the kings and Tutankhamun’s tomb. One of the excursions he was looking forward to was to go in the great pyramid of Giza. When he arrived, his Claustrophobia stopped him from entering the pyramid, and so he had to miss out on the experience. This and other events promoted him to find a way to overcome this fear and anxiety.
David has been fascinated for over 25 years, with how the spirit and the mind work together to create our experiences, thoughts, feelings, behaviours and action in our life. He learned about and developed his psychic abilities in the 1990’s to start his journey to overcome his fears. In 2004 he completed a Diploma in Hypnotherapy to understand more about the mind. At the end of the course, one of the other students worked with him to release the claustrophobia, using Past Life Regression.
Having let go of the fear of death by understanding our connection with the spirit world, connecting with his angels and spirit guides and learning to do past life regressions, he was able to decide to let go of many other fears as well. After learning NLP in 2005, David released all his major fears except one. He still has a fear of falling, which he feels is a useful fear, until the need arises where he will get rid of it.
To expand his understanding of the spirit world, David started attending a mediumship development group around 2010. Doing the Tony Stockwell week course at the Arthur Finlay College in 2014 in England assisted David to gain more confidence and enhanced his skills and abilities in working with the spirit world. David still attends this group sometimes twice a week.
As a Psychic Medium Hypnotherapist and NLP trainer, David now uses his skills and abilities in working with the spirit and the mind in his therapy work, workshops and presentations.
- EFT Level 2 Certification and Matrix Reimprinting Certification (July 2016)
- Diploma in Training and Education, Diploma in Training and Design (July 2015)
- Certificate of attendance at ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) (April 2014)
- Certificate IV Training and Education (July 2013)
- Certificate of Professional Supervision (February 2013)
- NLP Trainer’s Training (August 2012)
- NLP Presenter’s Training (February 2012)
- Sheila Granger’s Virtual Gastric Banding with Hypnosis (October 2011)
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (November 2010)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (March 2010)
- Certificate in Power Hypnosis and Hypnosis Fascination (July 2009)
- Past Life Regression (January 2009)
- Master Practitioner in NLP (August 2005)
- Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy (September 2004)
- Certified Angel Intuitive (September 2003)
- Grad Dip Business Management (1994)
- Member of Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapists (AACHP)
- Member and Trainer with the Australian Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programmers (ABNLP)
David has a current Working with Children Check
Background and Explanation of “The Eyes of Horus”
In ancient Egyptian mythology, Horus was one of five offspring of the original pair of Egyptian gods. His Brother Seth cut out Horus’s eyes. They were healed by gazelle’s milk. Both eyes together are the Two Eyes of Horus The Elder. The eye is the part of the body able to perceive light and is the symbol for spiritual ability. The right eye symbolising the sun, representing concrete factual information controlled by the left brain. It deals with words, letters, and numbers and those things which are describable in terms of sentences or complete thoughts. It approaches the universe in terms of male-oriented ideation.
The left symbolising the moon representing abstract aesthetic information controlled by the right brain. It deals with esoteric thoughts and feelings and is responsible for intuition. It approaches the universe in terms of female-oriented ideation. We use the Left Eye, female-oriented, the right side of our brain for feeling and intuition.
The Eyes of Horus link with David’s belief that we move from the darkness into the light.